by Bill Rudge
I have spent time with many people who lay dying on a hospital bed or in their home. They didn’t care about material possessions or past accomplishments. Foremost in their minds and hearts was being prepared for eternity. And that was my main purpose in being there. Likewise, I want to both help prepare you for eternity and to live victoriously in this life.
When we die – or when Christ returns – all our accomplishments, degrees, credentials, awards, accolades and possessions will not matter. Paul wrote in Philippians 3:8:
I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ.
All that will really matter at the end of your life is:
• Do you know Jesus Christ in a real and personal way?
• Did you honor Him with your life and ministry?
• Were you a wise steward of the resources He entrusted to you?
• Did you use the talents and skills He bestowed upon you for His glory?
• Did you help (by witness or financial support) to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth (family, friends and beyond)?
• Was the passion of your life to know Christ more and grow in His likeness?
• Were you a person of faithfulness and integrity and love?