by Bill Rudge
The following confessions of faith have heartfelt meaning in my relationship with Christ. They are frequently part of my prayer and fasting time:
You are the CREATOR and Sovereign Lord of the Universe; ELOHIM, the strong and faithful One; ADONAI, Master and Lord; YAHWEH, the Great I Am; KING of Kings and LORD of Lords …
You are Holy, Righteous, Just, Faithful, True, Loving, Kind, Merciful, Long-Suffering …
You are my Source and Strength, my God and King, my Savior and Messiah, my Lord and Master, my Creator and Sustainer, my Rock and Fortress, my Shield and Sword, my Protector and Provider, my Helper and Healer …
My desire and prayer is to:
• Walk with You like Enoch (Genesis 5:22-24).
• Be considered Your friend like Abraham (2 Chronicles 20:7; Isaiah 41:8; James 2:23).
• Be considered Your servant like Moses (Joshua 1:2).
• Have a heart after You like David (1 Samuel 13:14; Acts 13:22).
• Be obedient like Jesus (Philippians 2:8; Romans 5:19; Hebrews 5:8).
• Be a faithful witness like Antipas (Revelation 2:13).
Now read all the above once again slowly as you ponder and pray about each description of God and what He means in your heart and life. Then give the LORD your praise, thanks and worship because He is truly worthy!